About Me

My photo
We have recently applied and been successful in getting jobs at 'Amano Christian' School in Chingola, Zambia. Since getting married we have been praying about the possibility of working abroad and we now feel the timing and opportunity is right. So what will we be doing? Jona is going to be teaching science and Kerry is going to be doing youth work amongst girls in the dorms. We will be leaving in September. We would love for you to keep up to date with what we're up to!

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Beautiful Baptisms!

Wow, what an AMAZING day we had on Sunday! As some of you may know, Jarrett and I have been working closely with some students over the past few months as they have prepared to be baptised. There have been various up and downs, challenges and joys along the way but the service on Sunday was such a blessed day :-) As you can see from the pictures, the service was held outside the classrooms and we put up some marquees to protect us from the sweltering heat! It was encouraging to see such a great turnout of parents and guardians to support the young people.
The students had chosen songs and each of them told their testimony of how they became Christians. We felt so incredibly proud and inspired by the students and their stories! I don't want to say much more as I think the photo's speak for themselves!















How was I supposed to do the hand thing again??


2 comments:

  1. Hey that's amazing...felt sooooo blessed to see these beautiful people....and you guys too! We had a baptism Sunday at a beach in Falmouth. All over the world our God is doing wonderful things and it makes us so glad!!!! WHOOP! any plans for the future coming together yet? Love always...Scooterman and wife x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just spent an hour at work reading your blog from where I last left off. Wow, the things you are doing are absolutely amazing and so inspiring. Reading all the stories and seeing what you are doing really make me appreciate what I have, and make me want to get out there and help others that aren't as fortunate as I am. The pictures on this blog are incredible, and the Safari looked amazing. Although, I did see one photo of Mr Rass on here in an Arsenal shirt - he should clearly be wearing a Southampton one! I'm currently working at Saints FC in the Ticket Office whilst doing an online college course, oh and we're 4th in the Premier League at the moment! I hope you haven't forgot mine and Adam's weekly debates about weather Saints were going to win/lose! I'm glad you're having an amazing time out there, and I hope you continue enjoying it and stay happy and healthy! :-D From Debbie (Team TRA! .. TJA? Something like that!) x x

    ReplyDelete

If you do not have a Google or Blogspotter account then please leave the comment as anoymous......
click publish
fill in the security words
Voila! a new comment appears :)