About Me

My photo
We have recently applied and been successful in getting jobs at 'Amano Christian' School in Chingola, Zambia. Since getting married we have been praying about the possibility of working abroad and we now feel the timing and opportunity is right. So what will we be doing? Jona is going to be teaching science and Kerry is going to be doing youth work amongst girls in the dorms. We will be leaving in September. We would love for you to keep up to date with what we're up to!

Thursday 13 June 2013

'Moments!'

After being catapulted from the month of May rapidly into the month of June...we now have some space to catch our breath and reflect on all that has already happened over the last half of term and prepare ourselves for the next half with a lovely little break.
Although times are busy I am constantly reminded of the importance of 'moments'... a friend of mine recently sent me a youtube link which (although a little cheesy..) is absolutely true! To capture and appreciate the little things in life because moments fly by so fast.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GhOUaszMGvQ
So some of our 'moments' since I last blogged include the school fun fair held on 'Africa Freedom Day'. A great event where staff, students and parents all get involved in organising various stalls! Jon and his tutor group organised a coke and sprite drinking competition. I think the winner of the coke competition managed something crazy like 5 seconds and the sprite through a straw was 20 seconds. Unfortunately I couldn't even manage the whole sprite!!


Another not so nice moment was finding Mr Spider in our house. I think all of the neighbours heard about it after the fuss I made. I love how in the picture our wooden giraffe seems to just be looking at it casually!


As Jon likes to say, I had a "toe-tally" bad moment when I had a run in with one of the sofas in the banana house and ended up ripping my big toe nail off!argh..... so so painful. Annoyingly it has got infected and I'm still trying to get rid of it... (the infection and the toenail!!). So that's put a stop to me running cross country with the students on a Wednesday afternoon... but it hasn't stopped Jon who has managed to take 3-4 mins off of his time now running the 3.5km in 22 mins! And it certainly hasn't stopped Mr Jarrett who managed to run it last week in his banana suit!

The weekend at the beginning of half term Jon went along to the ISAZ (International Schools Assocciation Zambia) Athletics with the students. He had quite an adventure so I hope he will be able to write before half term is over with all the details of that!
We have so far had a lovely half term of resting, seeing friends and getting ourselves prepared for the rest of the term!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a Google or Blogspotter account then please leave the comment as anoymous......
click publish
fill in the security words
Voila! a new comment appears :)